Thursday, November 16, 2017

Grandma's Homemade Noodles

I lived with my grandparents for a few years and while being there I had the priviledge of learning a few cooking things from my grandma. I think that life is always moving so fast and there are important things to be learned in the simple things...like making your own homemade noodles. I stopped out at the farm the other day and my grandma made me homemade chicken noodle soup. It is something I grew up on and love (especially now that it is getting chilly out!) Homemade noodles is something my family makes and I wanted to share it with you folks. It is a comfort food!


Grandma's Homemade Noodles

1 1/2 C. Flour
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon of Luke Warm Water

Directions: Sift flour and salt. Mix in butter and gradually add beaten eggs and water. Knead for 10 minutes to mix good. Roll out as thin as possible and let dry. When dry roll dough up and cut noodles. Seperating them so they will dry good.

This is way easier than you may think and it really does make the best noodles for chicken noodle soup! You won't want them any other way.

XO,
Hannah Gabriel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah. Love the idea of adding butter. Do you melt it or use at room temp? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete